she’s getting stronger
Words to live by
American flags from 1767 to present
Knowledge is worship, study hard, be holy.
~ Pastor Decanus James
Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy (via zubat)
Life is short, be happy, be healthy, be you. Love yourself and others, remember that none of us really know what comes next. If you mean it say it.
Take a moment of thought or prayer to remember and thank those brave souls who have surved us in this the ultimate way. Putting their lives on the line for our safety and wellbeing, sometimes making the ultimate sacrifice. Let us remember that those brave men and women have sacrificed a bit of themselves for us, and show our thanks.
~ Pastor Decanus James
The Best from ‘Mad Dog Mattis’…
1. “I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”
2. “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
3. “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”
4. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”
5. “Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat.”
6. “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
7. “The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.”
8. “You are part of the world’s most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.”
9. “There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
10. “No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.”
11. “There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”
12. “You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”
13. “You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”
14. “I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.”
15. “Demonstrate to the world there is ‘No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy’ than a U.S. Marine.”
16. “Fight with a happy heart and strong spirit”
General Mattis is the MAN.
He should run for president. We need a veteran in office.
Warrior Culture : USMC
Subculture : Personal role model and hero